I am a freelance visual arts producer working from my base in Southampton, UK.
My specialism lies in working with artists to produce artworks for the public realm or unconventional spaces such as medieval buildings, shops and bridge cabins. I am acting chair of ‘ixia: Public Art Think Tank’ supporting the reshaping and diversification of the national network with 6 other trustees. www.ixia-info.org
I work under the name of Host Productions and offer freelance services to artists and arts organisations. My experience and skills extend across:
- Project research, feasibility studies and advice on commissioning approaches;
- Project development including curation and development of artist briefs;
- Project Management including client and artist liaison;
- Organisational development including charity closure or merger;
- Artist research and selection;
- Talent development and mentoring for artists and students;
- Grant writing for both organisations and artists;
- Project evaluation.
“It has been a huge comfort to have Katie working with me over the last few months on all the administrative issues around our work and on this slow but sure decision making process. There could have been no one better to help. Her steadfast understanding that bridges what artists want, need and have ambitions for, linked to her judicious understanding of the mechanics of making things work, are an invaluable set of skills for me to have as an ally.”
Yvon Bonenfant, Artistic Director of Tract and Touch, 2021.